Thursday, July 29, 2010

Illegals and immorals

It's gonna get interesting. Arizona's immigration law is now on hold. A federal judge has ruled that at least parts of the law are unconstitutional. I believe that both parties are correct to a degree. The Feds are saying that under a constitutional term known as Pre-emption they have the right to handle immigration on a federal level. The feds say that individual state laws will lead to a patchwork system and disrupt a carefully balanced approach to immigration. On the surface of this argument they are correct. I will refrain from commenting on their "carefully balanced system" at this point. Arizona, on the other hand , has over 400,000 undocumented residents and a huge problem with drugs coming into our country through their boarder. They contend that the federal program isn't working.. You get to decide on your opinion. Here's mine. Lets say someone or a number of someones where threatening my home and or family. The people who are suppose to protect us are the local police and I'm sure they do a very good job. Bottom line is by the time the police got here all that would be left to do is zip the baggies shut. Sometimes the need out ways the politics...

The House Ethics Committee (oxymoron) accused N.Y. Rep. Charles Rangel of 13 violations of congressional ethics standards. Appears that the big one is neglecting to report rental income from his Dominican Republic villa for the last 8 years . The number I heard was in excess of $ 600,000.00. This guy has been in congress for 40 years. That's right 40 years and only 13 charges, WTF. If it were you or I the IRS would have us in jail by now. Oh I forgot to tell you Rangel stepped down in march from the House Ways and Means Chairmanship due to an "unrelated" ethics case.. Maybe He should retire.

Locally we have four guys running on the republican side for the open House of Representative seat. I like Tom Stillings. He is pro-life, pro-gun, pro-business,pro-America, and wants to bring all our troopers home. I agree with all of that and since its my blog I get to express it. If you care to comment please feel free. I believe I made it easier to leave a comment.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment